Deployed as a 3D add-in for Microsoft Excel, ThreeDify XLGrapher allows you to create and embed true 3D charts, graphs and CAD objects directly within Microsoft Excel.
ThreeDify XLGrapher is the simplest, most cost-effective, and robust tool available to anyone who wants to visualize and interpolate their 3D spreadsheet data without leaving Microsoft Excel.
Download the 14-Day Free Trial
The new ThreeDify XLGrapher v18.104.22.16815 (released on Mar. 28, 2023) includes many enhancements (on top of 4.9.x) and also a bug fix for the installer of v22.214.171.12479:
- New 3D Bubble Plot type.
- Greatly enhanced Gridded Surface and Contour plots with new Projection Plane option.
- Ability to export coordinate points of gridded surfaces to Excel worksheets.
- Hardware rendering mode for plotting large data sets.
- 32-bit and 64-bit installers are now merged into a single installer which automatically detects the version of Excel installed on the user’s computer and installs the correct XLGrapher version accordingly.
For existing XLGrapher customers, please note the following:
- Versions above v6.0.x require a different license from all previous XLGrapher versions
- Customers who bought a XLGrapher version older than 6.0.0 can upgrade to the current XLGrapher version for the same discounted upgrade price as before (Please see the Buy page for details).
- Users with a v6.0.0 license can freely upgrade to this version by simply uninstalling their existing version and then installing the new one.
Installation & License Activation
- For Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 or Vista, XLGrapher can now be installed on both Administrator and Standard User accounts.
- XLGrapher does NOT support Windows XP or lower.
- Uninstall the existing version of XLGrapher, if any.
- Download and run XLGrapher installer.
- If you are installing XLGrapher on a Standard user account, the installer will ask you to enter an administrator’s user name and password. After successful installation, you will be automatically returned to your Standard User account.
- Note that the installer only installs XLGrapher for the user account currently logged in. If you wish to install XLGrapher for all users on a single machine, repeat the above steps.
- Start Excel as an Administrator. To do that, click Windows Start button, type Excel. Microsoft Excel xxxx shortcut shall show-up. Hold down Ctrl+Shift keys and then right mouse click on Microsoft Excel xxxx, choose Run as administrator to start Excel.
- Under ThreeDify XLGrapher add-in menu within Excel, select License Manager and then select “3D Graphing or SurfaceFit” as the module name, and then hit Activate button.
- Copy and paste your XLGrapher Product Key, aka License Key, provided by ThreeDify.
- Restart Excel as usual and your XLGrapher license shall be activated.
Note that another way to start Excel as an Administrator at Step 1 above is to right mouse click on any Excel shortcut (from Windows Start menu most likely), choose Properties, switch to Compatibility tab and set “Run this program as an administrator” checkbox to “on”. If that is done, then you need to set this checkbox “off” before performing the last step above.
XLGrapher VBA Sample Script
Description: This is a sample XLGrapher VBA script. It requires XLGrapher 4.5.x or higher to run. This script automates the process of mesh creation from scatter points stored in the “Data” worksheet of the sample workbook. The X, Y and Z coordinates are stored in A, B and D columns of the “Data” worksheet. The script demonstrates many XLGrapher scripting concepts. Once opened in Excel, pressing and holding down Shift+Ctrl+G key combination will automatically create a XLGrapher instance and construct a solid mesh from the scatter points on the fly. You can view the script source code within Excel with ALT+F11 key combination.