Deployed as a 3D add-in for Microsoft Excel, ThreeDify XLSurfFit allows you to create true 3D charts, graphs and CAD objects from your spreadsheet data and fit thousands of surface equations to them directly within Microsoft Excel.
ThreeDify XLSurfFit is the simplest, most cost-effective, and robust tool available to anyone who wants to visualize spreadsheet data in 3D and fit 3D equations to the data without leaving Microsoft Excel.
Download the 14-Day Free Trial
The new ThreeDify XLSurfFit v126.96.36.19915 (released on Mar. 28, 2023) is currently distributed as a licensable module in ThreeDify XLGrapher v188.8.131.5215. The new version includes the following enhancements (on top of v4.9.x) and a bug fix for the installer of v184.108.40.20679:
- New 3D Bubble Plot type.
- Greatly enhanced Gridded Surface and Contour plots with new Projection Plane option.
- Ability to export coordinate points of gridded surfaces to Excel worksheets.
- Hardware rendering mode for plotting large data sets.
- 32-bit and 64-bit installers are now merged into a single installer which automatically detects the version of Excel installed on the user’s computer and installs the correct XLSurfFit version accordingly.
For existing XLSurfFit customers, please note the following:
- XLSurfFit depends on and includes all features of XLGrapher.
- Unlike XLCurvFit, there is a upgrade path for the existing XLGrapher customers who want to upgrade their XLGrapher license to a XLSurfFit license (please see the Buy page for details).
- Users with a v6.0.0 license can freely upgrade to this version by simply uninstalling the existing version and then installing the new one.
Installation & License Activation
- For Windows 7, 8, 10 or Vista, XLSurfFit can now be installed on both Administrator and Standard User accounts.
- XLSurfFit does NOT support Windows XP or lower.
- If you are using Excel 2013 or 2016, you may need to disable Safe Mode for ActiveX control.
- Uninstall the existing version of XLSurfFit, if any.
- Download and run XLSurfFit installer.
- If you are installing XLSurfFit on a Standard user account, the installer will ask you to enter an administrator’s user name and password. After successful installation, you will be automatically returned to your Standard User account.
- Note that the installer only installs XLSurfFit for the user account currently logged in. If you wish to install XLSurfFit for all users on a single machine, repeat the above steps.
- Start Excel as an Administrator. To do that, click Windows Start button, type Excel. Microsoft Excel xxxx shortcut shall show-up. Hold down Ctrl+Shift keys and then right mouse click on Microsoft Excel xxxx, choose Run as administrator to start Excel.
- Under ThreeDify XLSurfFit add-in menu within Excel, select License Manager and then select “3D Graphing or SurfaceFit” as the module name, and then hit Activate button.
- Copy and paste your XLSurfFit Product Key, aka License Key, provided by ThreeDify.
- Restart Excel as usual and your XLGrapher license shall be activated.
Note that another way to start Excel as an Administrator at Step 1 above is to right mouse click on any Excel shortcut (from Windows Start menu most likely), choose Properties, switch to Compatibility tab and set “Run this program as an administrator” checkbox to “on”. If that is done, then you need to set this checkbox “off” before performing the last step above.